Mr Aaron Luke Patterson is an accomplished Commercial Contracts and Procurement Manager with 10+ years of proven commercial leadership of complex programs requiring strong commercial risk and liability management. Pragmatic and strategic commercial expertise with experience in projects valued up to ~$10 billion located abroad in countries such as United States, United Kingdom, Norway and throughout Asia-Pacific. Diversified skill set across the sectors of mining and resources, oil and gas, construction, heavy industrial and defence with strong experience at mitigating foreseeable risks and attaining a low liability profile for best commercial outcomes. Proven commercial contracts and supply chain management, risk management, project bid proposal development, tender evaluation and contract negotiation experience. Analytical and results orientated professional with strong statistical and business analysis capabilities. Successfully delivered programs within budget in advance of scheduled deadlines. Experienced with the Australian Standards for Defence Contracts (ASDEFCON), SAI Global Australian Standards AS2000, AS3000 and AS4000, FIDIC and GC21 contracting suite.
- Defence: Settled numerous complex disputes worth ~$1 million collectively and reporting status to Director of Contracts.
- Defence: Successfully managed ~$50 million liability risk regarding intellectual property of hardware and software issues.
- Telecommunications: Successfully settled 50 disputed claims worth ~$1.8 million whilst managing pressure from CFO and CEO to meet budget forecast.
- Telecommunications: Managed the program cost to complete schedule to provide insights from analysis to avoid LDs.
- Mining: Generated savings valued in excess of $250k annually by successfully consolidating numerous contractual material expenses and supplier agreements.
- Oil and Gas: Successfully negotiated 20% cost savings annually with suppliers for contract extension.
Aaron is currently studying towards an MBA and holds a Post Graduate Certificate of Business Management Double Major in Supply Chain & Project Management.